2017 has been a great year for our project. Among our accomplishments this year, we have:
- Raised over $20,000 in sales of our currency and donations from dozens of small contributors.
- Distributed over $100,000 worth of our currency as Universal Basic Income to over 3,000 verified recipients.
- Hired a new CTO with over 30 years of experience in systems administration and IT security, and an excellent team of developers.
- Rebranded from Grantcoin to Manna and began developing a Manna-branded platform for using the currency.
Since we launched an initial signup form on Mannabase.com in early December, already over 2,600 new people have joined. And we now have nearly 10,000 people on our email list!
So the Manna community is growing fast — and it’s because Manna is a good idea whose time has come.
2017 was the year of the blockchain. Bitcoin rose more than 1500%, soaring to record highs. And our currency has been rising along with it. For the first time, lots of ordinary people are starting to believe that blockchain is the future of money.
At the same time, the Universal Basic Income movement has been growing by leaps and bounds. UBI is now being talked about as one of the most cutting-edge solutions for poverty and inequality — a solution that can unite people from across the political spectrum, and actually get results.
So I’m going to make a bold prediction: 2018 will be the year of Basic Income on the Blockchain. As the leading UBI cryptocurrency — but still relatively unknown — Manna is well positioned to become one of the Cinderella stories of the cryptocurrency space next year.
Here’s what we’ll be rolling out in the next 2 weeks:
- The full signup and verification process for receiving Manna UBI on Mannabase.
- Our new white paper, which is nearly 30 pages long.
- New Manna-branded desktop wallets, completing the name change of the currency.
- Our first educational video about cryptocurrency and Manna.
Our team is hard at work testing and putting the finishing touches on these important developments. We thank you for your patience, and we can assure you it’ll be worth the wait. Then, at the end of January, we expect to roll out the Mannabase web-based wallets and resume basic income distributions.
As we wrap up an exciting 2017 and enter into an even more exciting new year in 2018, I’d like to share a few thoughts about the big picture of what Manna is all about, and why I founded this project.
Together, we are unleashing the power of the people to create a better world. Through the amazing technology of blockchain combined with socially responsible values, we can mannafest a future of prosperity, opportunity, and hope for all people.
There is nothing more beautiful than seeing people discover the power they have to make their dreams come true. That’s the power of Manna. That’s why we’re doing this. — So that the next generation of human beings will be liberated from abject poverty, and all people will have the economic resources necessary to strive for a better life for themselves and build a more beautiful world together.
I am deeply honored that you are with us in this cause. And on behalf of the entire Manna team, thank you for your support!
— Eric Stetson
Make a Tax-Deductible Donation
As a special end-of-year promotion, contributors of $100 or more will receive Manna-branded polarized bamboo sunglasses and a starter amount of 1,000 manna when our web-based wallets launch on Mannabase.com. We of course appreciate any donation amount and are grateful to all our supporters. Happy New Year!